Macquarie University in Sydney was established in 1964 and currently has 44,000 students from more than 120 countries and regions. As a world-renowned university certified by QS 5-star, its comprehensive ranking has consistently ranked among the top 1% in the world. In the 2023 QS World University Rankings, Macquarie University ranks 195th in the world, and in the THE World University Rankings 2022, the university ranks 192nd in the world. In addition, the school’s accounting and finance, education, linguistics, psychology and other popular disciplines have entered the 2022 QS World University Rankings by subject Top100.
Macquarie University is located in the Macquarie Park Innovation District (MPID), one of Australia’s largest high-tech districts, which is located on the northwest of Sydney, and is adjacent to many leading international multinational companies, including many of the world’s top 100 companies. The university’s close partnership with different industrial and commercial companies provides students with more internship and practical opportunities, and the graduate employment rate of the school ranks among the top in the Sydney region for many consecutive years.
In recent years, Macquarie University has attracted a large number of students at home and abroad by virtue of its own advantages. The three most obvious advantages are:
Wide choice of courses and high flexibility
The university offers Australia’s largest one-year master’s program, and students can choose courses that are suitable for many fields. In addition, the university offers dual degree programs that offer students more choice, flexibility and diversity.
To get more courses offered by Macquarie University and their details, please check via Course Finder.
Plenty of practical opportunities
Macquarie University’s courses are not only supported by industry, but also provide students with the opportunity to learn in real-world settings. For example,
- The award-winning Global Leadership Program (GLP), which is recognized as the leader of its kind in Australia.
- PACE (Professional and Community Engagement), a practical course that provides students with industry experience.
These programs have a positive effect on improving students’ academic attainments, core competitiveness and cultivating students’ international perspectives.
The University has invested more than $1 billion in equipment and infrastructure to provide teachers and students with a modern work-study environment. There are many world-class facilities and equipment on the university campus.
- The Australian Hearing Hub, located on the campus of Macquarie University, brings together outstanding researchers, teachers and practitioners from industry, government and academia. The centre houses teaching and research clinics in speech and hearing, psychology and emotional health, as well as an anechoic chamber and the world’s most advanced brain research laboratory.
- Opened in 2015, the Simulation Lab at the Macquarie University is fully equipped with advanced simulation equipment, allowing researchers to safely and accurately study human behavior in a range of environments that closely resemble the real world
- Students with an interest in cyber security have the opportunity to study in the Cyber Security Centre, established by Macquarie University in partnership with Optus (one of Australia’s largest telecommunications providers).
- The campus also houses the Futures Lab, a media practice room, the leading science laboratory in the Asia-Pacific region, and several museums and research centers. Regardless of the course of study, students will benefit from these modern, state-of-the-art facilities.
In a word, Macquarie University is able to provide students with multiple course options, world-class faculties and practical opportunities. These are very beneficial to students’ learning and allow students to gain more experience.
Also Read: How Can We Increase Twitter Followers.